Person Specification: Glencoyne Square Project Coordinator
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Champion the three strategic objectives of the Glencoyne Square Project: regenerating the centre of Southmead; providing appropriate housing led by the local community; diversifying income streams for the Southmead Development Trust.
- Provide support and coordination to the project team (CEO, Housing and Development Consultant, Operations Manager and consultants or advisers) to develop and deliver the overall project plan on time and to budget.
- Produce regular papers for project meetings (Trustees and Sub-group), track agreed actions, and manage the project risk register.
- Act as the first point of contact for the project, responding to enquiries from funders, members of the community, staff, and Trustees.
- Ensure that grant funders’ requirements are met, funders are regularly briefed, funding reports are written, and that funds are managed effectively and efficiently.
- Monitor individual budgets and the overall project spend and prepare returns to funders including submitting financial verification.
- Manage the overall project plan, files and documents ensuring that everything is up to date, accurate and accessible.
- Coordinate community engagement and consultation to develop the place making elements including detailed design of the open space, public realm, common areas and public art, working with specialist consultants and the wider Trust team.
- Work with the CEO and Operations Manager to develop the plans and operational model of the new ground floor community hubs, including building the financial models, agreements with partners or tenants and detailed design and fit out specifications.
- Lead on regular community communication regarding the project (supported by the Trust Communications Team), to ensure residents and stakeholders are regularly informed of the progress of the scheme, and to foster a genuine sense of community ownership including regularly updating the website and drafting blogs and newsfeeds.
- Organise public meetings to share progress on the project and gather feedback.
- Organise governance structures for projects including Trustee subgroup meetings and project meetings.
- Keep accurate records of all decisions including taking notes and action logs of meetings as required.
- Coordinate the process of new appointments of consultants or development partners to the project team, keeping accurate records of all decisions and appointments and associated paperwork and due diligence checks etc.
- Support the drafting and review of all agreements, partnership agreements or other documents related to the project.
- Attend monthly BS10 Parks and Planning meetings and other stakeholder meetings as appropriate.
- Work with the CEO and Housing and Development Consultant to identify, pursue and secure sources of funding for the project including grants and loans.
- Provide other administrative and project support to the Chief Executive as required.
- Any other reasonable duties as and when required.
- To comply with all Southmead Development Trust’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure work carried out accords with current legislation and/or regulations.
- To maintain a professional attitude and conduct at all times.
- Undertake any training needed to fulfil the role.
- To attend meetings and events to promote Southmead.
- Have a flexible approach to working which will include occasional evenings and weekends.
Return to job advert HERE
- Working on projects and using a variety of different project management tools and techniques.
- Working creatively to deliver innovative, ambitious or complex ideas.
- Excellent financial competency.
- Applying rigor and attention to detail in the drafting, formatting and checking of complex documents and agreements.
- Coordinating, motivating, and developing multi-stakeholder teams.
- Producing communication materials or content for external audiences.
- Organising and delivering events or community consultations.
- Ability to use well developed communication skills to present information in an understandable way, to a range of audiences and stakeholders.
- Community work or volunteering.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Understanding of principles of working with communities to create good quality, sustainable places and spaces.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- An understanding and commitment to equalities.
- Ability to deal with high levels of work-related pressure and use different time management techniques.
- Passionate about communities and community-led initiatives.
- Passionate about social justice and tackling inequality in Bristol.
- Willingness and ability to work outside normal office hours.
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as lead a team.
- Personal drive for excellence in all things.
Return to job advert HERE
- Relevant degree or equivalent.
- Experience of place making, and working on the design of good quality, sustainable, places and spaces.
- An understanding of the development process and the delivery of capital schemes.
- Experience of developing business cases for new buildings, spaces, or services.
- Knowledge of Southmead and the issues facing residents.
- Awareness of the factors that affect the health and well-being of communities.
Return to job advert HERE