We’re Hiring: Social Prescribing Deputy Manager
We are looking for an outstanding leader and experienced manager who, like us, is passionate about improving the health and wellbeing of all. Someone who appreciates the interconnectedness of every aspect of life, and who believes the question of ‘what matters to you?’ is more important that that of ‘what’s the matter with you?’
Reporting to the Social Prescribing Manager, you will hold your own caseload whilst also managing a team of Social Prescribing Link Workers.. You will also support with the development of the service, in particular around building effective partnerships and leading on affiliated projects.
Location: Greenway Centre and GP practices across North Bristol
Salary: £25,704 – £28,379
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: Full time (37 per week)
Holiday: 33 days annual leave pro rata (inclusive of Bank Holidays), with an additional day per year of service (capped)
Benefits: Occupational pension, free membership to Greenway Gym and classes
Contact: For further information or to arrange an informal chat contact Colette Brown. email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0117 950 3335
How to apply: Please email your CV and a cover letter (detailing how you fit the person specification for the role) to email@example.com
Deadline: 09:00am Tuesday 13th September 2022. Interviews are likely to be w/c 19th September 2022.
- Experience of successfully developing and managing collaborative community-based health and wellbeing interventions, including successfully achieving targets, producing reports and working to deadlines
- Strong track record of managing a team.
- Experience of working holistically, on a one-to-one basis, with individuals with poor mental health and wellbeing
- Excellent organisation, planning and project management skills.
- Knowledge of the local area (North Bristol).
- A strong team player with the ability to develop partnerships and forge strong relationships.
- Excellent facilitation and administration skills.
- Outgoing, personable and enthusiastic with a commitment to the wellbeing of people in the community, a commitment to equal opportunities
- Willingness to champion the values of the Trust: Positivity, Integrity, Excellence, Welcoming and Entrepreneurial.
We’re a charity made up of staff, volunteers and residents who work together to achieve our vision of a thriving community. We improve health, wellbeing, local pride, and employment. We bring business and investment to the area.
Our sites – Greenway Centre and Southmead Adventure Playground, are much-loved local venues that provide inspiring spaces for events, meetings, training and business. We run or host an exciting programme of events ranging from conferences and sporting events, to creative writing, dancing and pantomimes. Residents enjoy a fun, welcoming community with a large café and newly refurbished gym.
We are committed to building a staff team which represents the diverse community we work in. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Southmead Development Trust is a Disability Confident employer.
Please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments you’d like us to make when you attend for interview or start work with us.