We’re looking for Carers to join our new service
Are you already or do you want to become a Care Worker, Support Worker, Personal Assistant (PA), or Care Assistant who is self-employed and sets your own hours and rate of pay? Are you caring, reliable and friendly? If so, we’d love to meet you.
We are Greenway Care Connect at the Southmead Development Trust, a new charitable carer introduction agency serving the North and West of Bristol. We have created this service to achieve three important objectives:
- Give care users and care workers more choice and control over their working relationship.
- Help relieve the pressure on the regulated care market and, therefore, help alleviate the current social care staffing crisis.
- Raise funds to run Southmead Development Trust’s free befriending service, which keeps older people who live alone connected to their community.
The Greenway Care Connect agency introduces self-employed care workers to clients who need them in the North and West of Bristol. We are now seeking to recruit some great new care workers – people with values, behaviours and attitudes that match our own.
You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we are happy to work with you to help you become an excellent independent caregiver.
Above all, we want people who believe in working with our Trust values:
- Positivity – regardless of the challenge
- Integrity – being true to our word
- Excellence – going above and beyond
- A welcoming attitude – respecting everyone
- An entrepreneurial spirit – for the long term good of our communities
The duties are varied and no two days will be the same. However, as a general guide, your customers may require support with personal care needs, as well as help to take part in a wide range of special interests and activities that support their health and wellbeing, such as arts and crafts, watching sports, musical evenings, gardening, shopping trips and social occasions. As a self-employed care worker, you would be able to choose your working hours, your hourly rate and the customers whose care needs you feel you can meet. If you have never been self-employed before, the employment team at Southmead Development Trust will gladly help you to organise this.
Interested? To find out more, please call Cecilia on 07376 067980 or 0117 950 3335 or register as a care provider on our Community Care Connect platform via careconnect.org.uk/register – we will then contact you. We would love to meet with you for coffee and an informal chat soon at the Greenway Centre, in Southmead. We look forward to hearing from you!
Go to the Greenway Care Connect info page >here