Closed: Wellbeing Fitness Instructor
We are looking for an inspiring Fitness Instructor who is passionate about the health and wellbeing of every individual whilst using own their initiative to create new opportunities for individuals to access and explore this. Reporting to and supporting the Fitness and Wellbeing Manager to develop and manage the fitness programme and facilities, continually improving standards, programmes, performance and experience for members and the wider community. You will help to co-ordinate and implement a range of fitness classes, with the aim of increasing the Centre’s use. You will have excellent communication skills and be able to interact and build relationships with our members and organisations that we work with.
Location: Greenway Centre, Bristol BS10
Salary: £21,000 – £23,000 per annum pro rata (dependant on experience)
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 3 days per week (7.5 hrs per day) to include evenings and weekends
Holiday: 33 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
Benefits: Occupational pension, free membership to Greenway Gym and classes
Contact: For further information please contact Natalie Dowe on 0117 950 3335. Feel free to pop into the Greenway Centre to have a look around or to chat about the role
How to apply: Please email a copy of your CV and a one page covering letter, using the person specification as a guide, to email@example.com
Deadline: 8am on Thursday 3rd March. Interviews are likely to be held the following week.
- You will have a flexible working approach which may require evenings, weekends and shift work.
- You will be responsible for exceeding member expectations on a day-to-day basis, whilst ensuring the fitness areas and activities are promoted and run effectively
- You will be able to induct new members into the Greenway Gym helping make sure that everyone feels welcome and achieves their fitness goals.
- You are able to assist with memberships and the exercise on referral scheme to include phone calls, attendance monitoring and all related administration
- You will have the ability to manage your own workload and update those involved on a regular basis
- You will be able to use your own initiative, think creatively and create new opportunities that are relevant to the gym/ centres outcomes
- You will embody our values of: Positivity – Integrity – Excellence – Welcoming – Entrepreneurial
We’re Southmead Development Trust, a charity made up of staff, volunteers and residents who work together to achieve our vision of a thriving community. We improve health, wellbeing, local pride, and employment. We bring business and investment to the area.
Our three sites – Greenway Centre, Southmead Youth Centre and Southmead Adventure Playground, are much-loved local venues that provide inspiring spaces for events, meetings, training and business. We run or host an exciting programme of events ranging from conferences and sporting events, to creative writing, dancing and pantomimes. Our customers join a fun, welcoming community and enjoy our large café and newly refurbished gym.
This role requires the successful candidate to report to and deputise for the Fitness and Wellbeing Manager; overseeing day to day management of the programme and facilities, and leading the gym team or completing reporting or other duties when the Manager is not present.
We are committed to building a staff team which represents the diverse community we work in. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Southmead Development Trust is a Disability Confident employer.
Please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments you’d like us to make when you attend for interview or start work with us.