CLOSED: Children and Young People’s Social Prescribing Link Worker
In this exciting role you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to children and young people (aged 7—12 years) in North Bristol, supporting them to reach their full potential.
This role has three main aspects:
- Holding a caseload of participants (children and young people and their parents / carers) and connecting them to activities, groups, services and interventions that will provide long term, sustainable support for their wellbeing.
- Working closely with GP practices, schools and other children’s services to address issues that may be causing or exacerbating health and wellbeing problems.
- Supporting existing community groups and supporting in the development of new groups.
Location: Greenway Centre, Bristol BS10 and GP surgeries across North Bristol
Salary: £22,377-£25,210 per annum pro rata
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 28.5 hours per week (must include Wednesdays)
Holiday: 33 days annual leave pro rata (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
Benefits: Occupational pension, free membership to Greenway Gym and classes
Contact: For further information or to arrange an informal chat, contact Vicky Wall.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07951 824619
How to apply: Please email a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Deadline: 08:00am – Wednesday 8th June 2022, interviews expected to be the Friday of that week
We’re Southmead Development Trust, a charity made up of staff, volunteers and residents who work together to achieve our vision of a thriving community. We improve health, wellbeing, local pride, and employment. We bring business and investment to the area.
Our three sites – Greenway Centre, Southmead Youth Centre and Southmead Adventure Playground, are much-loved local venues that provide inspiring spaces for events, meetings, training and business. We run or host an exciting programme of events ranging from conferences and sporting events, to creative writing, dancing and pantomimes.
We lead on holistic social prescribing across North/West Bristol., alongside delivering contracts from the Clinical Commissioning Group & Bristol City Council. We partner with many, influence the future, and deliver world class services.
We believe that young people are the solution not the problem. They are not just the future, but the present. Early intervention and preventative interventions are crucial to long term impact — this has been the founding principle of our Children and Young People’s Social Prescribing service.
- You are looking for a role where every day you are helping change people’s lives for the better
- You will have experience of working holistically, on a one-to-one basis, with children with poor mental health and wellbeing.
- Experience of working from an asset based approach, building on existing community and personal assets.
- You will have exceptional inter-personal skills, with experience of and enthusiasm for supporting children and young people using a preventative approach
- You will have an understanding of health inequalities/social determinants of health and knowledge of community based interventions that support people to lead healthier and happier lives
- You will have excellent IT, organisation, problem solving and project management skills
- You will embody our values of: Positivity – Integrity – Excellence – Welcoming – Entrepreneurial
Download > Job Ad
Download > Person Specification and Job Description
We are committed to building a staff team which represents the diverse community we work in. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Southmead Development Trust is a Disability Confident employer.
Please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments you’d like us to make when you attend for interview or start work with us.