Closed: Youth and Play Manager
We are looking for a leader with extensive experience of, and enthusiasm for, working with children and young people, planning and delivering a diverse range of activities for young people. The successful Youth and Play Manager will be responsible for the management of the Youth and Play programme at the Southmead Youth Centre and Adventure Playground, ‘The Ranch’. This amazing community facility has recently been over-hauled and rejuvenated by BBC’s DIY SOS in conjunction with the local community and this role provides an exciting opportunity to develop, co-create and deliver opportunities for Children and Young People, helping them to thrive.
Location: Greenway Centre with hybrid working options
Salary: £31,000 – £33,000
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 37 hours a week, variety of days from Monday – Sunday, various shifts. Will be expected to deliver 3-5 sessions of youth and play open access per week. Flexibility to work part-time hours if requested (20-37 hours)
Holiday: 33 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
Benefits: Occupational pension, free membership to Greenway Gym and classes
Contact: Dawn O’Shea is our Recruitment Partner, contact her on email@example.com
How to apply: Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org putting the job title in the subject box. If your CV is short-listed, you will be contacted by telephone in the first instance, to discuss your application in more detail.
Deadline: Midday – Thursday 20th January 2022
- 3 years + experience of working with Children and Young People and the legislation and safeguarding responsibilities around this.
- Experience of managing and leading a team
- Creative and ideas driven, with experience of planning and delivering a range of community based youth or play programmes
- The flexibility to travel locally and work outside of core office hours
- Excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to relate to and build strong relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Knowledge and understanding of individual issues facing young people and ability to draw teams around, and advocate for, young people who would benefit from personalised programmes of support
- Committed to creating innovative, sustainable and high quality opportunities for Children and Young People
- A willingness to champion the values of the Trust; positivity, integrity, excellence, welcoming and entrepreneurial.
- Leading, managing and developing a team, of both employed staff and volunteers
- Planning and delivering a diverse range of activities, programmes, services or events for young people including open access sessions, new projects and holiday schemes
- Developing partnerships and relationships within the community, including outreach work with young people in local schools as well as parents and community groups
- Supporting local leadership and community development with young people and families, including volunteering, leadership training, and youth led projects or intergenerational work, and building the voice and influence of young people.
- Working with colleagues to develop new projects and programmes and secure new funding streams, maximising the usage levels of sites, and expanding programmes.
- Conducting risk assessments and overseeing health and safety
Southmead Development Trust is one of Bristol’s leading, independent, community led organisations. It is a multi-purpose charity providing much needed services for all ages and ethnicities and is made up of staff, volunteers and residents, working together to achieve a thriving community, improving health, wellbeing, local pride, and employment and bringing business and investment to the area. Their three sites (Greenway Centre, Southmead Youth Centre and Southmead Adventure Playground) are much-loved local venues that provide inspiring spaces for a wide variety of experiences, including sporting events, local groups, festivals and much more, where customers enjoy a fun, welcoming community with a large café and newly refurbished gym.
To view and download the full job description, please click here.
We are committed to building a staff team which represents the diverse community we work in. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Southmead Development Trust is a Disability Confident employer.
Please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments you’d like us to make when you attend for interview or start work with us.