Closed: Grants and Impact Officer
This a great opportunity for an intelligent, articulate and highly numerate individual, who is great at research and data analysis, to make a significant contribution to this amazing community led charity. Writing compelling and well formatted documents, you will be responsible for producing funding proposals and grant applications. You will also be responsible for researching new funding opportunities and gathering information to support the applications as well as collating and analysing data to evaluate the impact of the Trust across the community, leading to continuous improvement of projects and services.
Location: Greenway Centre with hybrid working options
Salary: £31,345 – £36,726 pro rata
Contract type: Permanent
Holiday: 33 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
Benefits: Occupational pension, free membership to Greenway Gym and classes
Contact: Dawn O’Shea is our Recruitment Partner, contact her on email@example.com
How to apply: Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org putting the job title in the subject box. If your CV is short-listed, you will be contacted by telephone in the first instance, to discuss your application in more detail.
Deadline: Midday – Thursday 20th January 2022
- An extremely high standard of written English.
- IT Literate with excellent formatting / document design skills (MS Office).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships.
- Highly numerate with the ability to understand and analyse complex financial information and data and present it in an accessible way.
- Analytical with excellent research skills.
- Methodical with great attention to detail and a commitment to the highest quality of work, capable of project managing proposals and working to tight deadlines.
- Experience of producing and managing large written proposals (funding proposals, grant applications etc.) to tight deadlines, with successful outcomes.
- A willingness to champion the values of the Trust; positivity, integrity, excellence, welcoming and entrepreneurial.
- Research new funding opportunities and match to projects across the Trust.
- Draft and manage the bidding process for new funding proposals or grant applications.
- Work with colleagues to develop proposals, addressing unmet needs within the community.
- Maintain accurate records of funding applications, analysing and reporting on success rates.
- Coordinate systems and collate data to evaluate the overall impact of the Trust.
- Use impact reporting, data and case studies to strengthen proposals and support new funding applications.
- Support colleagues with data collection, systems and processes and help them to evaluate individual services or projects.
- Work with the SLT to develop the monitoring and evaluation framework and improve reporting systems.
- Share findings from external research or benchmarking to results in continuous improvement of services or projects.
- Work to drive continuous improvement around equality and diversity, helping the Trust understand the impact across communities and how programmes can be developed to improve practice and reach.
Southmead Development Trust is one of Bristol’s leading, independent, community led organisations. It is a multi-purpose charity providing much needed services for all ages and ethnicities and is made up of staff, volunteers and residents, working together to achieve a thriving community, improving health, wellbeing, local pride, and employment and bringing business and investment to the area. Their three sites (Greenway Centre, Southmead Youth Centre and Southmead Adventure Playground) are much-loved local venues that provide inspiring spaces for a wide variety of experiences, including sporting events, local groups, festivals and much more, where customers enjoy a fun, welcoming community with a large café and newly refurbished gym.
To view and download the full job description, please click here.
We are committed to building a staff team which represents the diverse community we work in. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Southmead Development Trust is a Disability Confident employer.
Please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments you’d like us to make when you attend for interview or start work with us.