CLOSED: Social Prescribing Link Workers
In this exciting role you will have the opportunity to make a real difference, supporting others to reach their full potential.
This role has three main aspects:
- To hold a caseload of participants and empower people to take control of their health and wellbeing
- To work closely with GP practices and other healthcare professionals to address issues that cause or exacerbate health problems
- To support existing community groups to be accessible and sustainable and to help people start new community groups
Location: Greenway Centre, Bristol BS10 and GP surgeries across North Bristol
Salary: £22,376 – £25,210 per annum (pro rata for part time roles)
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: Multiple roles available, full time and part time hours considered
Holiday: 33 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays) pro rata
Benefits: Occupational pension, free membership to Greenway Gym and fitness classes
Contact: For further information or to arrange an informal chat contact Caitlin Telfer. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone 0117 950 3335
How to apply: Do read the job description below and email your CV and a Cover Letter (detailing how you meet the job requirements) to: email@example.com
Deadline: 09:00am – Thursday 24th November 2022. Interviews will be held the following week.
- You will have experience of working holistically, on a one-to-one basis, with individuals who have poor mental health and wellbeing.
- You have experience of working from an asset based approach, building on existing community and personal assets.
- You have exceptional inter-personal skills, with experience of and enthusiasm for supporting people using a preventative approach.
- You have an understanding of health inequalities/social determinants of health and knowledge of community based interventions that support people to lead healthier and happier lives.
- You will have excellent IT, organisation, problem solving and project management skills
- You will embody our values of: Positivity – Integrity – Excellence – Welcoming – Entrepreneurial
We’re Southmead Development Trust, a charity made up of staff, volunteers and residents who work together to achieve our vision of a thriving community. We improve health, wellbeing, local pride, and employment. We bring business and investment to the area.
You can find out more about us by reading our Impact Report HERE. Adult Social Prescribing is on pages 5 and 6!
We are committed to building a staff team which represents the diverse community we work in. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Southmead Development Trust is a Disability Confident employer.
Please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments you’d like us to make when you attend for interview or start work with us.