CLOSED: Social Prescribing Link Worker
In this exciting role you will have the opportunity to make a real difference, supporting others to reach their full potential.
This role has three main aspects:
- Holding a caseload of participants, empowering people to take control of their health and wellbeing
- Working closely with GP practices and other healthcare professionals to address issues that may be causing or exacerbating health problems
- Supporting existing community groups to be accessible and sustainable and helping people to start new community groups
Location: Greenway Centre, Bristol BS10 and GP surgeries across North Bristol
Salary: £21,094-£25,210 per annum pro rata
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 22.5 hours per week
Holiday: 33 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
Benefits: Occupational pension, free membership to Greenway Gym and classes
Contact: For further information or to arrange an informal chat contact Colette Brown.
email: email@example.com, or telephone 0117 950 3335
How to apply: Please email your CV and a cover letter (detailing how you meet the job requirements) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 08:00am – Friday 29th April 2022
- You are looking for a role where every day you are helping change people’s lives for the better
- You will have experience of working holistically, on a one-to-one basis, with individuals with poor mental health and wellbeing.
- Experience of working from an asset based approach, building on existing community and personal assets.
- You will have exceptional inter-personal skills, with experience of and enthusiasm for supporting people using a preventative approach
- You will have an understanding of health inequalities/social determinants of health and knowledge of community based interventions that support people to lead healthier and happier lives
- You will have excellent IT, organisation, problem solving and project management skills
- You will embody our values of: Positivity – Integrity – Excellence – Welcoming – Entrepreneurial
We’re Southmead Development Trust, a charity made up of staff, volunteers and residents who work together to achieve our vision of a thriving community. We improve health, wellbeing, local pride, and employment. We bring business and investment to the area.
Our three sites – Greenway Centre, Southmead Youth Centre and Southmead Adventure Playground, are much-loved local venues that provide inspiring spaces for events, meetings, training and business. We run or host an exciting programme of events ranging from conferences and sporting events, to creative writing, dancing and pantomimes.
We lead on holistic social prescribing across North/West Bristol., alongside delivering contracts from the Clinical Commissioning Group & Bristol City Council. We partner with many, influence the future, and deliver world class services. We are piloting an innovative project with Adult Social Care which seeks to provide an individualised service, whilst saving money, by using our social prescribing and volunteer coordination expertise. We operate a gym with a range of classes, as well as an exercise on referral scheme with health professionals, We are a founding member of Bristol’s Healthy Living Consortium and we have a number of significant partnerships on the horizon for delivery of Health & Wellbeing services.
Download > Job Advert
Download > Job Description and Person Specification
We are committed to building a staff team which represents the diverse community we work in. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Southmead Development Trust is a Disability Confident employer.
Please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments you’d like us to make when you attend for interview or start work with us.