CLOSED: Finance Manager
As a member of our Senior Leadership Team this is an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of our community organisation and support us to achieve our long term future goals.
You will be responsible for managing and developing our finance function such as managing accounts, year end reporting, strategic financial planning, and financial procedures. There will be many opportunities to support change initiatives and new projects. As a Trust we are embarking on a step change in our financial ambitions, leading on a new development in Southmead incorporating 187 homes and multiple community uses. You will have the opportunity to work on all the business planning and investment elements of this exciting scheme.
Location: Greenway Centre, Bristol BS10
Salary: £43,000 – £47,500 depending on experience
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week, part time and flexible hours negotiable
Holiday: 33 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
Benefits: Stakeholder pension, free membership to Greenway Gym and classes, hybrid and flexible working options
Telephone: 07783 330 725
How to apply: Please email a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: currently OPEN for applications
- You have a relevant professional qualification (e.g. ACCA, ICAEW, CIMA, CIPFA, ICAS) with three years post qualification experience
- Would like to work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment supporting a variety of projects in the charity sector
- Experience of working with external audit, and regulatory and reporting requirements
- Practised with recognised accounting software for small businesses (e.g. Xero)
- Interested and experienced in developing, adapting and implementing financial systems and procedures
- A confident communicator, able to present financial information to a range of audiences
- You will embody our values of: Positivity – Integrity – Excellence – Welcoming – Entrepreneurial
DOWNLOAD/VIEW > PERSON SPECIFICATION AND JOB DESCRIPTION
We’re a charity made up of staff, volunteers and residents who work together to achieve our vision of a thriving community. We improve health, wellbeing, local pride, and employment. We bring business and investment to the area.
Our impact and annual income has consistently grown over recent years. Our community venues – Greenway Centre and Southmead Adventure Playground – are much-loved, welcoming and fun packed spaces for community services and events.
Our transformational community health programmes are recognised as pioneering best practice in preventative approaches. We are leading one of the biggest community-led housing schemes in the UK, recognised nationwide for its resident-led decisions, sustainability and strong vision.
We are committed to building a staff team which represents the diverse community we work in. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Southmead Development Trust is a Disability Confident employer.
Please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments you’d like us to make when you attend for interview or start work with us.