We’re Hiring: Finance Manager
October 7, 2021
An exciting opportunity to be an integral part of our community organisation, supporting us to achieve our long term future goals, as a member of our Senior Leadership Team. Your role will incorporate responsibility for developing our finance function with lots of opportunities to support change initiatives and new projects. This role has three main aspects:
- Managing monthly accounts, reconciliations and payments, year end finance processes and reporting to staff and Trustees
- Strategic decision making, developing new opportunities, negotiating contracts and securing new investments
- Improvement of our finance practice and processes and training colleagues
Location: Greenway Centre, Bristol BS10
Salary: £43,000 – £47,500 depending on experience
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 22.5 – 37 hours per week, negotiable
Holiday: 33 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
Benefits: Stakeholder pension, free membership to Greenway Gym and classes, hybrid and flexible working options
Contact: For a job pack and application form please go to www.southmead.org
For further information or to arrange an informal chat contact Amy Kinnear,
email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone 0117 950 3335
How to apply: Please email a completed application form to email@example.com (CVs will not be accepted)
Deadline: 08:00am – Thursday 4th November 2021. Interviews likely to be held the following week
We’re Southmead Development Trust, a charity made up of staff, volunteers and residents who work together to achieve our vision of a thriving community. We improve health, wellbeing, local pride, and employment. We bring business and investment to the area.
Our impact and annual income has been consistently growing over recent years. Our three community venues – Greenway Centre, Southmead Youth Centre and Southmead Adventure Playground, are much-loved, welcoming and fun packed spaces for community services and events. Our transformational community health programmes are recognised as pioneering best practice in preventative approaches. We are leading one of the biggest community-led housing schemes in the UK, recognised nationwide for its resident-led decisions, sustainability and strong vision.
This year has seen our profile grow and our role in the community become more essential. We’ve coordinated a massive local response to the Pandemic and become a vaccine hub.
- You will have a relevant professional qualification (e.g. ACCA, ICAEW, CIMA, CIPFA, ICAS) with five years post qualification experience
- You will be an excellent communicator, able to clearly present financial information to Trustees and improve financial confidence and competence across the organisation
- You are passionate about utilising excellent financial management and leadership to enable us to deliver our charitable objectives
- You will be experienced in accounting software, company reporting, drafting new budgets and negotiating contracts
- You will embody our values of: Positivity – Integrity – Excellence – Welcoming – Entrepreneurial
We are committed to building a staff team which represents the diverse community we work in. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds. Southmead Development Trust is a Disability Confident employer. Please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments you’d like us to make whilst attending an interview or starting work with us.