Closed: Finance Manager
October 7, 2021
As a member of our Senior Leadership Team this is an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of our community organisation and support us to achieve our long term future goals.
You will be responsible for developing our finance function with many opportunities to support change initiatives and new projects. The role has three main aspects:
- Managing monthly accounts, reconciliations and payments, year end finance processes and reporting to staff and Trustees
- Strategic decision making, developing new opportunities, negotiating contracts and securing new investments
- Improvement of our finance practice and processes and training colleagues
Location: Greenway Centre, Bristol BS10
Salary: £43,000 – £47,500 depending on experience
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 22.5 – 37 hours per week, negotiable
Holiday: 33 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
Benefits: Stakeholder pension, free membership to Greenway Gym and classes, hybrid and flexible working options
Please contact Amy Kinnear for further information or to arrange an informal chat – do email your CV in advance.
telephone: 0117 950 3335
How to apply: Please email a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 08:00am – Thursday 4th November 2021. Interviews likely to be w/c 15th November.
We’re a charity made up of staff, volunteers and residents who work together to achieve our vision of a thriving community. We improve health, wellbeing, local pride, and employment. We bring business and investment to the area.
Our impact and annual income has consistently grown over recent years. Our community venues – Greenway Centre and Southmead Adventure Playground – are much-loved, welcoming and fun packed spaces for community services and events.
Our transformational community health programmes are recognised as pioneering best practice in preventative approaches. We are leading one of the biggest community-led housing schemes in the UK, recognised nationwide for its resident-led decisions, sustainability and strong vision.
This year has seen our profile grow and our role in the community become more essential. We’ve coordinated a massive local response to the pandemic and become a vaccine hub.
- You will have a relevant professional qualification (e.g. ACCA, ICAEW, CIMA, CIPFA, ICAS) with five years post qualification experience
- You will be an excellent communicator, able to clearly present financial information to Trustees and improve financial confidence and competence across the organisation
- You are passionate about utilising excellent financial management and leadership to enable us to deliver our charitable objectives
- You will be experienced in accounting software, company reporting, drafting new budgets and negotiating contracts
- You will embody our values of: Positivity – Integrity – Excellence – Welcoming – Entrepreneurial
We are committed to building a staff team which represents the diverse community we work in. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Southmead Development Trust is a Disability Confident employer.
Please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments you’d like us to make when you attend for interview or start work with us.