CLOSED: Neighbours Connect Manager
We are looking for someone with the skills to work sensitively 1-to-1 and with groups. An experienced manager who, like us, is passionate about improving the wellbeing of all. Someone who is motivated by working in a person-centred way, building a positive culture and developing effective partnerships. You will have a strong understanding of the health and care landscape and of what a community wellbeing and prevention approach can achieve. You will have experience of report writing and using outcome measurements.
Reporting to the Head of Wellbeing and Communities you will lead Neighbours Connect Southmead and work alongside the Volunteer Coordinator.
Location: Greenway Centre
Salary: £29,492 – £35,245 (pro rata)
Contract type: Maternity cover
Hours: 3 days a week
Holiday: 33 days annual leave pro rata (inclusive of Bank Holidays), with an additional day per year of service (capped)
Benefits: Occupational pension, free membership to Greenway Gym and classes
Contact: For further information or to arrange an informal chat contact Charlie Ferdinando, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0117 950 3335/07951 826 550.
How to apply: Please email your CV and a cover letter (detailing how you fit the person specification for the role) to email@example.com
Deadline: 09:00am Monday 7th August 2023. Interviews likely to be mid August.
From our current Project Manager
I’ve worked for SDT (Southmead Development Trust) for 3 years as the project manager and community life planner for Neighbours Connect Southmead (NCS) and am taking some time out for maternity leave.
This role is a wonderful balance of on the ground case work, meeting people in their homes and carrying out assessments alongside management skills and using a community development approach. We have autonomy to adapt to the community’s needs and respond to change which makes it person-centred and tailored to individuals. The job is diverse with caseload work, report writing, running groups as well as getting involved with the wider team’s projects and supporting each other.
I love the flexibility and way we can make it our own for the benefit of residents and the wider community. We have a unique offer, which is very much needed in society and helps build social connections and support the pressures of adult social care. I’ve really enjoyed developing my role and working alongside people within this inspiring community. This role is very rewarding and a really great opportunity to work authentically with values and purpose!
- Experience of successfully developing and managing collaborative community-based health and wellbeing interventions, including successfully achieving targets, producing reports, carrying out assessments and working to deadlines.
- Experience and knowledge of how to deliver evidence –based interventions and use evaluation tools to collect data and create case studies.
- Excellent organisation, planning and project management skills.
- Understanding of health inequalities and knowledge of community based interventions that support residents to lead healthier and happier lives.
- A strong team player with the ability to develop partnerships and forge strong relationships.
- Confident, personable and enthusiastic with a commitment to the wellbeing of citizens and to equal opportunities.
- Willingness to champion the values of the Trust: Positivity, Integrity, Excellence, Welcoming and Entrepreneurial.
We are a charity made up of staff, volunteers and residents who work together to achieve our vision of a thriving community. We improve health, wellbeing, local pride, and employment. We bring business and investment to the area. Our sites – Greenway Centre and Southmead Adventure Playground, are much-loved local venues that provide inspiring spaces for events, meetings, training and business. We run or host an exciting programme of events ranging from conferences and sporting events, to creative writing, dancing and pantomimes. Residents enjoy a fun, welcoming community with a large café and newly refurbished gym.
We are committed to building a staff team which represents the diverse community we work in. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds. We are a Disability Confident employer. Please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments you would like us to make when you attend for interview or start work with us.