CLOSED: Wellbeing Fitness Instructor
Calls for a chat about the role are welcomed: please telephone Natalie Dowe, 0117 950 3335
We would love you to join us if you are passionate and knowledgeable about health and wellbeing, keen to create new opportunities, and to develop and facilitate fitness and exercise referral programmes for our valued members and participants. We want you to help us to continue to improve our standards, programmes, performance, and the overall experience for everyone attending our gym and fitness classes.
We will expect you to you assist with and implement a wide range of classes for different abilities, and help to increase our membership as well as participants in our exercise referral programme. You will need to have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to be able to interact and build relationships with our members, staff teams, and the organisations we work with.
Location: Greenway Centre, Bristol BS10
Salary: £21,000 – £23,000 per annum pro rata (dependant on experience)
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 2-3 days per week (7.5 hours per day) to include evening and weekends
Holiday: 33 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
Benefits: Occupational pension, free membership to Greenway Gym and classes
Contact: For further information please contact Natalie Dowe on 0117 950 3335 and feel free to pop in and have a chat
How to apply: Email your CV and one page Cover Letter (detailing how you meet the job specifications) to email@example.com
Deadline: 09:00am – Monday 27th February with interviews likely to be held the following week
We are a charity made up of staff, volunteers and residents who work together to achieve our vision of a thriving community. We improve health, wellbeing, local pride, and employment. We bring business and investment to the area.
Our two sites – Greenway Centre and Southmead Adventure Playground, are much-loved local venues that provide inspiring spaces for events, meetings, training and business. We run or host an exciting programme of events ranging from conferences and sporting events, to creative writing, dancing and pantomimes.
Read more in our> Impact Report
- You will have a flexible working approach which may require evenings, weekends and shift work.
- You are able to assist with memberships and the exercise on referral scheme to include phone calls, attendance monitoring and all related administration.
- You will be responsible for exceeding member expectations on a day-to-day basis, whilst ensuring the fitness areas and activities are promoted and run effectively.
- You will be able to induct new members helping to make sure that everyone feels welcome and achieves their fitness goals.
- You will have the ability to manage your own workload and update those involved on a regular basis.
- You will be able to use your own initiative, think creatively, and to create new opportunities that are relevant to the gym/Centre’s aims.
- You will embody our values of: Positivity – Integrity – Excellence – Welcoming – Entrepreneurial
Job Description & Personal Specification
- We are committed to building a staff team which represents the diverse community we work in. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
- Southmead Development Trust is a Disability Confident employer.
- Please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments you’d like us to make when you attend for interview or start work with us.