Cardio Combat Fit Classes in Bristol
Our Cardio-Combat class was devised and choreographed by one of our very own instructors who was inspired to create something new for members during the 2020 lockdown. This class is based on the training concepts used by boxers to keep fit and is informed by research to increase your heart rate and target and work individual muscle groups . We use shadow boxing techniques choreographed to music to get cardio and resistance training workout. Great for burning calories and building body composition. A total mood-lifter!
Cardio Combat Fit Classes
Cardio Combat instructor, Paula explains more about the class:
“I have developed through practical research, a cardio combat class that uses high intensity interval training or HIIT. During an HIIT class we build up to keeping the heart rate high above its natural resting rate for just 23 mins. In this short amount of time, at increased intensity, endorphins are released that develop a feeling of happiness, that de-stress, leading to a decrease in anxiety levels as well as improving attention span, concentration and cognition. This physical and mental improvement also builds motivation to move more often. Scientific research shows that moving can help stimulate your ‘happy hormones’, including serotonin, which is why you feel good after exercise. Research suggests this may help prevent depression as well as supporting existing sufferers.”
What is a Cardio combat Fit Class?
What are the health benefits of Cardio-Combat?
- Non-contact boxing, shadow pad and bag work, requires you to use hand to eye co-ordination to fully concentrate on hitting a target. You switch off from the outside, averting daily stresses and giving you a fresh perspective to better deal with problems.
- Physical activity has been proven to reduce stress. Increasing your heart rate for a minimum of 20 minutes increases the production of endorphins, the neurotransmitters that create feel-good thoughts.
- Training with others, even as part of a virtual class, can reduce feelings of isolation or loneliness.
- Using hooks, jabs, upper cuts and kicks, boxing is made up of infinite combinations which, when put together in sequences improves physical fitness, stamina, flexibility, muscle tone and coordination.
- Depression and anxiety can be caused by locked in anger, perhaps from feeling that life is too often controlled by factors other than ourselves. Hitting can be a physical and symbolic expression of stress or anger. It produces a response in your body that helps to relieve tension or aggression without hurting yourself, or others. This helps you to work through any negative feelings.
Who is Cardio-Comabt for?
Cardio-Combat is for any age, ability or fitness. Our expert and attentive instructor demonstrates adaptations for all levels so no matter where you are in your personal fitness journey you will be able to participate, enjoy and benefit from this dynamic class. If you have any questions about the suitability of this class for you please drop us an email to email@example.com and we will happily answer any queries.
At the Greenway Gym we operate an inclusive class policy. You will be welcomed, supported and encouraged to make this class your own, to meet your goals and develop your fitness as part of a fitness community.
How do I book a Cardio Combat class?
Simply register with the Greenway Gym for free by either downloading the MemberMe+ app or visit our online members area.
Once you are registered you can pay for individual classes at £5 per class, purchase an ALL-IN! membership and attend as many classes as you like or purchase a 10 class pass!
If you require help with registering, please contact us by calling 0117 9503335 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How long is a class?
What should I wear?
We recommend wearing a well fitted or good sports bra if you need one, comfortable / sports clothing in which you can move freely and trainers.
Should I bring anything to class?
Please can you make sure you have a safe, clear space to exercise and some water. Please bring a towel or mat to lie on for the conditioning element.
Do I need a gym membership to take part?
You do not need to be a member of the Greenway Centre Gym to take part in the class, simply register for free online, create a Greenway Gym account and then you can book and pay for classes online as and when you like. If you would like to join the gym and attend as many classes as you wish for only £19.99 with our ALL-IN! Membership then simply register in the same way and purchase a membership online. Move GB customers can also book a space on this class.
Meet our Cardio-Combat instructor
Paula. Cardio-Combat instructor
am a Level 4 Group Exercise Specialist, which means I am qualified to offer differentiated exercise classes that can adapt to the needs of anyone looking for a class or exercise regime. This means that all classes that I teach are inclusive. I teach a range of group exercise classes for all ages and levels and specialist groups who have a particular aim to work to, this includes Strong Nation™, HITT, Pilates, Cardio-Combat, falls prevention, moving with arthritis, diabetes, obesity or lower back pain. If you have a question about any of the classes on the timetable you can find me at email@example.com
Online Virtual Cardio Combat Workouts
Here’s what some of our members have been telling us about their experience with our online classes.
“Since coming to Cardio-Combat I have felt more in control, happier and now am beginning to reduce my medication.”
“I now attend more classes and am fitter than I was 10 years ago it’s a great stress release”