CLOSED: Wellbeing Coach
This is a fantastic opportunity for a fitness professional (Exercise Referral, Personal Trainer, Fitness Instructor) who is passionate about health and wellbeing and has a genuine belief that good health is the key to strong communities and that fitness opportunities should be accessible to everyone.
Our Wellbeing Coach will be responsible for delivering the exercise on referral scheme, holding and managing their own caseload, and working to develop the health and wellbeing of our community. This will be achieved through coordinating and delivering group and individual exercise sessions for people who have been referred to our team by local GP practices.
Reporting to the Wellbeing and Fitness Manager you will join a dynamic team of fitness instructors, personal trainers and health specialists dedicated to the health and wellbeing of the community.
Location: Greenway Centre, Bristol BS10
Salary: £21,095 – £25,210 per annum pro rata
Contract type: Fixed term until March 2023, with the possibility of extension (funding dependant)
Hours: Full time or Part time, minimum of 22.5 hours per week, flexible shift pattern from Monday to Sunday
Holiday: 33 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
Benefits: Occupational pension, free membership to Greenway Gym and classes
Contact: For further information please contact Natalie Dowe, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone 0117 950 3335, and feel free to pop into the Centre to have a look around or have a chat about the role
How to apply: Please email a copy of your CV and a one page covering letter, using the person specification as a guide, to email@example.com
Deadline: 8am, Friday 18th February 2022. Interviews are likely to be held the following week.
- You will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to listen and empathise without judgement
- You are able to assist with delivering the exercise on referral scheme to include phone calls, attendance monitoring and all related admin
- You are confident to conduct initial consultations and all necessary reviews with referred clients
- You strive to provide a holistic service to clients who complete the scheme and support them with the next steps
- You will have the ability to manage your own workload and update those involved on a regular basis
- You will be able to use your own initiative, think creatively, and create new opportunities relevant to project outcomes
- You will have experience of liaising with outside agencies and working with local communities to achieve the outcomes of your role
- You will be passionate about people, customers, community and the work of the Trust to ensure the best possible experience is had by everyone that you meet
- You will embody our values of: Positivity – Integrity – Excellence – Welcoming – Entrepreneurial
We’re Southmead Development Trust, a charity made up of staff, volunteers and residents who work together to achieve our vision of a thriving community. We improve health, wellbeing, local pride, and employment. We bring business and investment to the area.
Our three sites – Greenway Centre, Southmead Youth Centre and Southmead Adventure Playground, are much-loved local venues that provide inspiring spaces for events, meetings, training and business. We run or host an exciting programme of events ranging from conferences and sporting events, to creative writing, dancing and pantomimes. Our customers join a fun, welcoming community and enjoy our large café and newly refurbished gym.
This role requires the ability to contact and build relationships with other organisations in and around the community to put together a package of support that will achieve the best possible outcome for the individual.
We are committed to building a staff team which represents the diverse community we work in. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Southmead Development Trust is a Disability Confident employer.
Please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments you’d like us to make when you attend for interview or start work with us.