WE’RE HIRING: Social Prescribing Link Worker
Come and join our team of Link Workers for Adults. They are a special bunch, helping to change peoples’ lives for the positive by working alongside participants to help figure out what is important to them and supporting them towards this. You will make a real difference by listening to, empowering and connecting our participants with services and the community.
You will be welcomed by our supportive and friendly Link Worker team who not only work in surgeries across North Bristol, but work connectively with our other health and wellbeing teams and projects such as Wellbeing Coaching, Community Development, Neighbours Connect Southmead, and Greenway Community Care.
The many individual talents and personal interests of our Link Workers are valued and supported. All skills bring important aspects to this position of inspiration and we encourage Link Workers to share and set up new groups of interest.
This role has three main aspects:
- To hold a caseload of participants and help to empower people to take control of their health and wellbeing
- To work closely healthcare professionals to address issues that cause or exacerbate health problems
- To support existing community groups to be accessible and sustainable and to help people start new community group
Location: Based at Greenway Centre, Southmead, Bristol.
GP Practices in HealthWest Primary Care Network (PCN)
Salary: £24,194 – £25,171 pro rata
Hours: Part-time, 22.5 – 30 hours a week
Holiday: 33 days annual leave pro rata (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
Benefits: Occupational pension, free membership to Greenway Gym and fitness classes.
How to apply: Describing how you fit the Person Specification, please email a cover letter and your CV to: email@example.com
Deadline: 09:00am Tuesday 31st October 2023, for immediate interview.
Contact: To arrange a chat call Polly Theedom, tel: 0117 950 3335
- You will have experience of working holistically, on a one-to-one basis, with individuals with mental health and wellbeing challenges.
- You have exceptional interpersonal skills, and the ability to work from a person-centered approach.
- You have experience working from an asset-based approach, building on existing community and personal assets.
- You have an understanding of health inequalities and knowledge of community based interventions that support people to lead healthier and happier lives.
- You will have exemplary IT, organisation , problem solving and data processing skills.
- You will embody our values: Positivity—Integrity—Excellent—Welcoming—Entrepreneurial
We are a charity made up of staff, volunteers and residents who work together to achieve our vision of a thriving community. We improve health, wellbeing, local pride, and employment. We bring business and investment to the area. Our sites – Greenway Centre and Southmead Adventure Playground, are much-loved local venues that provide inspiring spaces for events, meetings, training and business. We run or host an exciting programme of events ranging from conferences and sporting events, to creative writing, dancing and pantomimes. Residents enjoy a fun, welcoming community with a large café and newly refurbished gym.
We are committed to building a staff team which represents the diverse community we work in. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds. We are a Disability Confident employer. Please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments you would like us to make when you attend for interview or start work with us.