WE’RE HIRING: Play Worker
JOIN OUR WORK TO SUPPORT COMMUNITIES TO THRIVE
Are you passionate about seeing the needs of children and young people prioritised? Do you believe they are a valuable part of our community? Our Adventure Playground is a well-loved community site and provides valued activities throughout the year for children, young people, and families in Southmead. Based on their emerging needs, you will help to prepare and lead sessions in an engaging way and also be able to respond to a range of different needs.
We would love you to join our expanding organisation where we take our staff’s welfare and wellbeing seriously and strive to be a leader in fair working culture. Like many organisations in our sector, our staff team is under-represented by people from minoritised backgrounds. We are actively addressing this, and we strongly encourage applications from people from minoritised backgrounds.
Location: Based at Southmead Adventure Playground, Bristol, BS10
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £22,351 (subject to pay award in April 2024)
Hours: 9 hours per week, and up to 20 during school holiday weeks. Working days – Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and bi-weekly Saturdays. Overtime available.
Holiday & benefits: 33 days annual leave pro rata (inclusive of Bank Holidays), occupational pension, free membership to Greenway Gym and classes.
How to apply: Describing how you fit the Person Specification, please email a cover letter and your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 09:00am Thursday 18th January 2024, with interviews the following week.
Contact: To arrange a chat call Will Dorney, tel: 0117 950 3335
- Confident to support play sessions and run activities.
- Be able to introduce and support a broad range of initiatives and activities which create a varied, stimulating and rich play environment.
- Experience in responding to a range of play types, experiences, and behaviours.
- Experience of following safeguarding procedures and providing a safe space for children and young people.
- Passionate about providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
- Able to work collaboratively and flexibly with the team and partners to ensure delivery of sessions and safety of our sites.
- Embody our values of: Positivity – Integrity – Excellence – Welcoming – Entrepreneurial.
Go to the Person Specification HERE
Read more about working with us, HERE
Read all about our Youth & Play work HERE