CLOSED: Children & Young People’s Social Prescribing Link Worker
In this exciting role you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to children and young people (aged 7—12 years) in North Bristol, supporting them to reach their full potential.
This role has three main aspects:
- Holding a caseload of participants (children and young people and their parents / carers) and connecting them to activities, groups, services and interventions that will provide long term, sustainable support for their wellbeing.
- Working closely with GP practices, schools and other children’s services to address issues that may be causing or exacerbating health and wellbeing problems.
- Supporting existing community groups and supporting in the development of new groups.
Location: Greenway Centre
Salary: £21,094 – £25,210 (pro rata)
Contract type: Permanent
Holiday: 33 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
Benefits: Occupational pension, free membership to Greenway Gym and classes
How to apply: Please email a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Deadline: 08:00 – Friday 25th March
- You are looking for a role where every day you are helping change people’s lives for the better
- You will have experience of working holistically, on a one-to-one basis, with children with poor mental health and wellbeing.
- You have experience of working from an asset based approach, building on existing community and personal assets.
- You will have exceptional inter-personal skills, with experience of and enthusiasm for supporting children and young people using a preventative approach
- You will have an understanding of health inequalities/social determinants of health and knowledge of community based interventions that support people to lead healthier and happier lives
- You will have excellent IT, organisation, problem solving and project management skills
- You will embody our values of: Positivity – Integrity – Excellence – Welcoming – Entrepreneurial
Southmead Development Trust is one of Bristol’s leading, independent, community led organisations. It is a multi-purpose charity providing much needed services for all ages and ethnicities and is made up of staff, volunteers and residents, working together to achieve a thriving community, improving health, wellbeing, local pride, and employment and bringing business and investment to the area. Their three sites (Greenway Centre, Southmead Youth Centre and Southmead Adventure Playground) are much-loved local venues that provide inspiring spaces for a wide variety of experiences, including sporting events, local groups, festivals and much more, where customers enjoy a fun, welcoming community with a large café and newly refurbished gym.
To view and download the full job description please click> here
To download the job advert please click> here
We are committed to building a staff team which represents the diverse community we work in. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Southmead Development Trust is a Disability Confident employer.
Please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments you’d like us to make when you attend for interview or start work with us.