CLOSED: Lead Youth Worker
An exciting role where you could have a real impact working with the young people in the community. You will lead and grow the Youth Team of staff and volunteers at Southmead Adventure Playground, delivering open access sessions for young people.
Location: Southmead Adventure Playground, Bristol, BS10
Salary: £21,508 pro rata
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 10 Hours per week working to an agreed and flexible shift pattern from Monday to Sunday
Benefits: Occupational pension, free membership to Greenway Gym and classes
Contact: For further information or to arrange an informal chat contact Will Dorney, email: email@example.com or telephone 07903 552 592
How to apply: Please email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 09:00am Thursday 20th October 2022
- You will have 3 years of experience working with young people
- You enjoy leading, motivating and supporting a team
- You understand the challenges faced by young people and believe youth work is an important tool in supporting them
- You can identify needs and use different approaches to deliver effective youth work
- You will have up to date knowledge of the guidance and legislation for working with and safeguarding young people
- You are interested in and confident working with colleagues, members of the community, partners and other agencies to support and develop initiatives and activities which support young people
- You will embody our values of: Positivity – Integrity – Excellence – Welcoming – Entrepreneurial
We are committed to building a staff team which represents the diverse community we work in. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Southmead Development Trust is a Disability Confident employer.
Please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments you’d like us to make when you attend for interview or start work with us.