WE’RE HIRING: Capital Project Manager
We are about to embark on an ambitious capital development strategy for our centres – a portfolio of around £2m worth of improvements, to deliver over the next eighteen months. This project will enable us to do so much more for our whole community, and to support our ambitions to protect and invest in our buildings.
Reporting to our Operations Manager, we now offer this new and exciting role to oversee the expansion of the assets held by the Trust for the community, at a time of major opportunity.
You will have experience of delivering complex building improvement and renovation projects, and preferably of delivering new builds. You will be motivated to deliver high-quality spaces for children, young people and the wider community – spaces that offer therapeutic environments, foster wellbeing, and instigate new opportunities for creativity, physical activity, and learning.
Location: Based at Greenway Centre, Southmead, Bristol
Project length: 18 months
Salary/contract type: Offered at salary of £38,914 to £45,594 (subject to experience). Alternatively, can be offered on a freelance or contractor basis.
Hours: 3 days a week.
Holiday and benefits: on payroll includes 33 days annual leave pro rata (inclusive of Bank Holidays), occupational pension, free membership to Greenway Gym and classes.
How to apply: Describing how you fit the Person Specification, please email a cover letter and your CV to: email@example.com
Deadline: 09:00am Monday 25th September 2023, for immediate interview.
Contact: To arrange a chat call Amy Kinnear, tel: 0117 950 3335
- A proven track record of successfully managing complex capital projects with multi-disciplinary teams, to an extremely tight timeline.
- Relevant professional qualification (for example civil engineering, construction management, building surveyor etc.).
- Excellent communication and numeracy skills.
- Strong familiarity of CDM regulations, H&S legislation and industry standards.
- A strong team player with the ability to develop partnerships and forge strong relationships.
- Confident, personable and enthusiastic with a commitment to the wellbeing of citizens and to equal opportunities.
- Willingness to champion the values of the Trust: Positivity, Integrity, Excellence, Welcoming and Entrepreneurial.
We are a charity made up of staff, volunteers and residents who work together to achieve our vision of a thriving community. We improve health, wellbeing, local pride, and employment. We bring business and investment to the area. Our sites – Greenway Centre and Southmead Adventure Playground, are much-loved local venues that provide inspiring spaces for events, meetings, training and business. We run or host an exciting programme of events ranging from conferences and sporting events, to creative writing, dancing and pantomimes. Residents enjoy a fun, welcoming community with a large café and newly refurbished gym.
We are committed to building a staff team which represents the diverse community we work in. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds. We are a Disability Confident employer. Please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments you would like us to make when you attend for interview or start work with us.