We Need: Neighbours Connect Volunteers
Neighbours Connect Southmead was created to reach isolated residents. By creating a neighbourly network we support them to reconnect with the community, reducing isolation and improving wellbeing.
As a volunteer, you will be supporting participants 1 to 1, providing befriending support on a schedule that suits both of you. This can be as much as twice a week or as little as once a fortnight.
Our ask is that you can commit to volunteering between the hours of 9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday so someone in the office can be available if you need support.
The lovely thing about the project is that the support is tailored. We match volunteers and participants based on their availability and mutual interests. This means that what support looks like is really varied and personalised. You might be going on a walk, doing a weekly shop, having a cuppa, or assisting someone with an appointment.
You will not be providing personal care and full training is provided.
- You are caring, empathetic, sensitive, and non-judgemental
- You are a good communicator
- You are comfortable working on your own but also know when and how to ask for support
- You have a good understanding of the importance of boundaries and developing positive relationships
- You can reliably commit to regular volunteering of a minimum once a fortnight
Contact: to find out more please get in touch with Alex our Volunteer Coordinator, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07506 854 445