Southmead Development Trust needs your ideas for support during the Cornavirus
Our teams here at the Southmead Development Trust are working non-stop on ideas to support the community and keep projects and services going.
- Jess, our Greenhouse Café Supervisor, is planning a takeaway/delivery food service to reach the elderly and self-isolating people and families.
- Becky, our Fitness Team Leader and her team are planning a timetable of online Greenway Gym classes and Webinars so our members and anyone in the community can stay fit at home.
- Local volunteers are working with Letty from Neighbours Connect Southmead, and Colette’s Social Prescribing Team, to support people who might feel alone through phone calls and practical help with shopping or prescriptions.
- Our Training and Employability Team is continuing phone support.
Please keep an eye out for updates from the Play team about activities at the Southmead Adventure Playground (The Ranch) on their Facebook page.
We are connecting with our partners citywide to make sure Bristol’s residents are supported in this difficult time, and we are committed to keeping the Greenway Centre open for as long as possible as a hub of local support.
Now we need your input and ideas!
- Are you organising a community response to the crisis locally?
- What support or help might you need from us?
- How do you think the Trust can best support the community in Southmead and across north Bristol?
Please would you share this message so residents know they can send us their thoughts by emailing: email@example.com or calling for a quick chat on: 0117 950 3335.
With thanks and kind support, all at Southmead Development Trust