CLOSED: Fitness & Wellbeing Manager
For a chat about the role please call Charlie Ferdinando, 07951 826 550.
We are looking for an outstanding leader and experienced manager who, like us, is passionate about improving the health and wellbeing of all. Are you motivated by supporting health outcomes for everyone? Excited about overseeing a community gym and fitness programme? Keen to help build a positive culture and develop effective partnerships? You will have a strong understanding of the health and fitness landscape for communities and of what a community wellbeing approach can achieve. Reporting to the Head of Wellbeing and Communities you will lead the Gym and Fitness Team and any contracts with fitness partners, as well as playing a key role in developing our response to health and fitness opportunities and developments.
Location: Greenway Centre
Salary: £29,000 – £31,000
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 30 – 37 per week
Holiday: 33 days annual leave pro rata (inclusive of Bank Holidays), with an additional day per year of service (capped)
Benefits: Occupational pension, free membership to Greenway Gym and classes
Contact: For further information or to arrange an informal chat contact Charlie Ferdinando, email: email@example.com or telephone 0117 950 3335/07951 826 550.
How to apply: Please email your CV and a cover letter (detailing how you fit the person specification for the role) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 09:00am Monday 22nd May 2022. Interviews are likely to be the following week.
We are a charity made up of staff, volunteers and residents who work together to achieve our vision of a thriving community. We improve health, wellbeing, local pride, and employment. We bring business and investment to the area. Our sites – Greenway Centre and Southmead Adventure Playground, are much-loved local venues that provide inspiring spaces for events, meetings, training and business. We run or host an exciting programme of events ranging from conferences and sporting events, to creative writing, dancing and pantomimes. Residents enjoy a fun, welcoming community with a large café and newly refurbished gym.
We are committed to building a staff team which represents the diverse community we work in. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds. We are a Disability Confident employer. Please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments you would like us to make when you attend for interview or start work with us.
- Experience of successfully developing and managing collaborative community-based health and fitness programmes, including successfully achieving targets, producing reports and working to deadlines.
- Strong track record of managing or overseeing a team.
- Excellent organisation, planning and gym management skills.
- A strong team player with the ability to develop partnerships and forge strong relationships.
- Experience of managing contracts or projects to successfully deliver targets and achieve continuous improvement.
- Confident, personable, and enthusiastic with a commitment to the wellbeing of citizens and to equal opportunities.
- Willingness to champion the values of the Trust: Positivity, Integrity, Excellence, Welcoming and Entrepreneurial.