Communications Guide & Downloadable Resources
Read on for how our Comms team can support you
If you’re a partner, you may need our logo and details for resources you’re making. They are all below.
We can support you by sharing your social media posts, just tag us in:
- Twitter: SouthmeadDT or Greenway Centre
- Facebook: Greenway Centre
- Instagram: Greenway Centre
Read on for free support and paid support.
** please email us YOUR current logo, at high-res, so we can add you to our partner sections >firstname.lastname@example.org **
LOGOS – click and ‘save as’
- Below is our main logo for generic use
- Use at a minimum height of 20mm on printed material
- Please drop us an email to let us know you are using it and what for
FREE COMMS – support to share
- If you want to reach Southmead residents and workers, add your editorial with an image (PNG 16:9), with a further design/image (PNG) after your text, to our Southmead Community Newsfeed: The Mead. Your message will be emailed to more than 1500 inboxes on the next available Friday: How>
- go to themead.org and register your email
- upload a main image for the home screen
- upload plain text paragraphs
- add extra media (PNGs of your ad/flyer and more photos)
- Deliver your printed posters and flyers to us so we can put them up at Greenway and request for them to go into our community notice boards (if we have agreed to print your posters please send in PDF format)
- Send an email for us to forward to our networks to: email@example.com with your PDF attached.
PAID FOR COMMS – to reach offline residents
Southmead has one of the lowest figures for digital inclusion in the City. Reach residents by booking space in our bi-monthly magazine The Mead.
We print x2000 and distribute it to local buildings – schools, surgeries, centres, library, pubs and shops
CHAT with or email our Comms team
- Suzanne Daggar – Communications Manager
- Ella Tainton – Communications & Projects Officer
Tel: 0117 950 3335