We’re Hiring: Youth and Play Worker
July 2, 2021
Are you passionate about seeing the needs of children and young people prioritised? Do you believe they are a valuable part of our community? Our Youth Centre and Adventure Playground are well loved local sites and provide valued activities throughout the year for children, young people and families. Based on their emerging needs, you will help to prepare and lead sessions in an engaging way and also be able to respond to a range of different needs. You will also ensure everyone has a safe and fun visit to our sessions.
Location: Southmead Youth Centre and Southmead Adventure Playground, Bristol BS10
Salary: £18,364 per annum pro rata (£9.52 p/h)
Contract type: Fixed term for 6 months
Hours: 9 hours per week. 20 hours per week during the summer holidays
Holiday: 33 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays) pro rata
Benefits: Occupational pension, free membership to Greenway Gym and classes, 10% discount in on site café
Contact: For further information or to arrange an informal chat contact James Creed,
email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone 0117 950 3335
How to apply: Please email a completed application form to email@example.com
Deadline: 08:00am – Monday 26th July 2021.
We’re Southmead Development Trust, a charity made up of staff, volunteers and residents who work together to achieve our vision of a thriving community. We improve health, wellbeing, local pride, and employment. We bring business and investment to the area.
Our three sites – Greenway Centre, Southmead Youth Centre and Southmead Adventure Playground, are much-loved local venues that provide inspiring spaces for events, meetings, training and business. We run or host an exciting programme of events ranging from conferences and sporting events, to creative writing, dancing and pantomimes.
Southmead Youth Centre and Southmead Adventure Playground are valued sites within our community where we provide multiple weekly open access sessions to engage children, young people and families throughout the year. We have an important role during the school holidays to provide activities and food so children and young people have a safe and fun place to visit. We offer a warm, welcoming and inclusive play environment where every individual is valued and is encouraged to find their space.
- You will be confident preparing and running youth and play sessions and activities
- You will introduce and support a broad range of initiatives and activities which create a varied, stimulating and rich play environment
- You have experience responding to a range of play types, experiences and behaviours
- You have experience following safeguarding procedures and strive to provide a safe space for children and young people
- You will be passionate about providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all
- You are able to work collaboratively and flexibly with the team and partners to ensure the delivery of sessions and safety of our sites
- You will embody our values of: Positivity – Integrity – Excellence – Welcoming – Entrepreneurial