Closed: Employment Mentor
You will be supporting and motivating service users with complex barriers, guiding them toward positive progressions into employment, education or training through an innovative and individualised programme. You will be working on a 1-2-1 basis to build confidence, remove a range of barriers and help service users become more ready for work.
This role is funded by the National Lottery Community Fund and the European Social Fund and is for the West of England Works project.
Location: Based at Greenway Centre, Bristol BS10. Some work out in the North Bristol community
Salary: £24,000 – £26,500 per annum pro rata
Contract type: Fixed term until May 2022, with the possibility of extension
Hours: 18 hours per week
Holiday: 33 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
Benefits: Occupational pension, free membership to Greenway Gym and classes
Contact: Please see the job description and application form below.
For further information or to arrange an informal chat contact Charlie Kirkby
email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07722 076 515
How to apply: Please email a completed application form to email@example.com (CVs will not be accepted)
Deadline: 08:00am – Monday 27th September 2021. Interviews likely to be week commencing 4th October. Early applications advised – we reserve the right to close this role if we get sufficient applications.
We’re Southmead Development Trust, a charity made up of staff, volunteers and residents who work together to achieve our vision of a thriving community. We improve health, wellbeing, local pride, and employment. We bring business and investment to the area.
We work alongside residents in North Bristol to help to keep communities strong, resilient, and resourceful. Our expert teams connect with adults, children, families and community groups to offer support with physical and mental health, employment and training, area regeneration, and community business.
The Employment and Training Team work to bring more training and employment opportunities to our community in Southmead and across North Bristol. This is a delivered in a variety of ways such as in-house courses and workshops, to inviting in local recruiting businesses, working with colleges, to the West of England Works or Wider than Work programme. West of England Works is a programme to move forward the long term unemployed who face multiple barriers to work, education or training such as mental health and physical health issues, addiction recovery, and homelessness. In this role, you will be part of the West of England Works team.
- You have a strong track record in motivating service users into employment, education or training
- You are experienced working with service users experiencing mental health issues
- You are skilled at supporting people to overcome challenges and make positive change
- You are looking for a role where every day you are helping change people’s lives for the better
- You meet targets, work with accuracy, and are conscientious and efficient
- You excel at empowering people and helping to increase confidence
- You know the power of employment to increase self-esteem, wellbeing and mental health
- You know the employment support landscape in Bristol and can support service users to be successful in a recruitment process
- You have exceptional inter-personal skills, and you are passionate about supporting people to maximise their potential
- You will embody our values of: Positivity – Integrity – Excellence – Welcoming – Entrepreneurial
We are committed to building a staff team which represents the diverse community we work in. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds. Southmead Development Trust is a Disability Confident employer. Please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments you’d like us to make whilst attending an interview or starting work with us.