Closed: Deputy Social Prescribing Manager
In this exciting new role you will have the opportunity to make a real difference, supporting others to reach their full potential.
This role has three main aspects:
- Line managing approximately 4-6 Social Prescribing Link Workers
- Holding a caseload of participants
- Deputising for and supporting the Team Leader with the development of the service—in particular around building effective partnerships and leading on affiliated projects.
Location: Greenway Centre, Bristol BS10 and GP surgeries across North Bristol
Salary: £25,000 – £27,000 per annum pro rata
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week (part time will be considered for the right candidate)
Holiday: 33 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
Benefits: Occupational pension, free membership to Greenway Gym and classes, flexible working and family friendly policies
Contact: For a job pack and application form please go to www.southmead.org
For further information or to arrange an informal chat contact Colette Brown,
email: email@example.com, or telephone 0117 950 3335
How to apply: Please email a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org (CVs will not be accepted)
Deadline: 08:00am – Monday 2nd August 2021
We’re Southmead Development Trust, a charity made up of staff, volunteers and residents who work together to achieve our vision of a thriving community. We improve health, wellbeing, local pride, and employment. We bring business and investment to the area.
Our three sites – Greenway Centre, Southmead Youth Centre and Southmead Adventure Playground, are much-loved local venues that provide inspiring spaces for events, meetings, training and business. We run or host an exciting programme of events ranging from conferences and sporting events, to creative writing, dancing and pantomimes.
We lead on holistic social prescribing across North/West Bristol, alongside delivering contracts from the Clinical Commissioning Group & Bristol City Council. We partner with many, influence the future, and deliver world class services. We are piloting an innovative project with Adult Social Care which seeks to provide an individualised service, whilst saving money, by using our social prescribing and volunteer coordination expertise. We operate a gym with a range of classes, as well as an exercise on referral scheme with health professionals, We are a founding member of Bristol’s Healthy Living Consortium and we have a number of significant partnerships on the horizon for delivery of Health & Wellbeing services.
- You are looking for a role where every day you are helping change people’s lives for the better
- You will have experience of working holistically, on a one-to-one basis, with individuals with poor mental health and wellbeing.
- Whilst we aim to recruit a candidate with experience of line management, we would consider applicants with a strong background in 1:1 support work with the skills, aptitude and potential to step up to management.
- You will have exceptional inter-personal skills, with experience of and enthusiasm for supporting people using a preventative approach
- You will have experience of successfully developing and managing collaborative community-based health and wellbeing interventions, including successfully achieving targets, producing reports and working to deadlines
- You will have excellent IT, organisation, problem solving and project management skills
- You will embody our values of: Positivity – Integrity – Excellence – Welcoming – Entrepreneurial
We are committed to building a staff team which represents the diverse community we work in. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds. Southmead Development Trust is a Disability Confident employer. Please get in touch if you have access requirements.