We’re Hiring: Care Connect Southmead Manager
October 6, 2021
Do you have experience in the care sector and the passion and drive to set up a community business in Southmead, Bristol?
In this exciting new role you will have the opportunity to develop and deliver our new Care Connect service, matching care-seekers with carers/support workers.
Location: Greenway Centre, Bristol BS10
Salary: £30,731 – £33,264
Contract type: Fixed term – minimum 2 years
Hours: 37 hours per week, although part time will be considered for the right candidate.
Holiday: 33 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
Benefits: Occupational pension, free membership to Greenway Gym and classes, family friendly and flexible working options
Contact: For a job pack and application form please download below.
Due to the unique role we would encourage you to send your CV before applying, and to get in touch to find out more and ask any questions
For further information or to arrange an informal chat contact Charlie Ferdinando
email: email@example.com, or telephone 07792 345 811
How to apply: Please email a completed application form below to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 08:00am – Wednesday 3rd November 2021. Interviews will be held the following week.
We’re Southmead Development Trust, a charity made up of staff, volunteers and residents who work together to achieve our vision of a thriving community. We improve health, wellbeing, local pride, and employment. We bring business and investment to the area.
We partner with many, influence the future, and deliver world class services. We have a number of significant partnerships within our delivery of Health & Wellbeing services. We are piloting an innovative project with Adult Social Care which seeks to provide an individualised service by using our social prescribing and volunteer coordination expertise. This new Care Connect Southmead service will carefully match people in need of care and support with people who can provide this support, working on a self-employed or directly employed basis. This model increases the capacity of the community to meet care needs in a person-centred way, so individuals can feel their needs are being met safely and comfortably. The development of Introductory Services is part of a larger, city-wide strategic approach to developing community-owned and led services that help to fill care gaps, relieve pressure on the regulated care market and create new, local employment opportunities. This role will work pro-actively with the partnership group to further this approach.
- You are looking for a new role which is exciting and innovative, helping to improve the care system in Bristol to give people more choice
- You will have experience of working holistically, on a one-to-one basis, with individuals with biopsychosocial health problems.
- Whilst we aim to recruit a candidate with experience of line management, we would consider applicants with a strong background in 1:1 support work with the skills, aptitude and potential to step up to management.
- You will have exceptional inter-personal skills, with experience of and enthusiasm for supporting people using a person-centred approach
- You will have experience of successfully developing and managing collaborative community-based health and wellbeing interventions, including successfully achieving targets, producing reports and working to deadlines
- You will have excellent IT, organisation, problem solving and project management skills
- You will embody our values of: Positivity – Integrity – Excellence – Welcoming – Entrepreneurial
We are committed to building a staff team which represents the diverse community we work in. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds. Southmead Development Trust is a Disability Confident employer. Please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments you’d like us to make whilst attending an interview or starting work with us.
You can read more about the Care Connect Southmead story below!Care Connect Southmead Info Doc